For his part, in an interview, former secretary of state, former president of BNF and Radio France, Jean-Noël Jeanneney, who has just published moment Macron (threshold), believes that this "macro moment" evokes or historical periods, for example, between Or, 1958 or government of Waldeck-Rousseau, from 1899 to 1902, which are clean to enlighten ours, before asking about what will remain ...
– Jean-Noël Jeanneney: "In end, left and right again", a statement collected by Bastien Bonnefous and Solenn de Royer. Historian details what historical precedents have to teach us about surprise election of Emmanuel Macron and his presidency
– Macron or great political upheaval, by Gérard Courtois. The victory of May 7 owes nothing to surprise and chance. It has been carefully thought out, analyzing political Alice Baudry, Laurent Bhansali and Olivier Duhamel in ir essay published at Plon.
– When Jean-François Sirinelli observes "a generational revolution", by Antoine Flandrin. In his recent work, French revolutions. 1962-2017 (Odile Jacob), historian Jean-François Sirinelli sees in victory of Emmanuel Macron defeat of baby boom generation.
– Emmanuel Macron is "an autocrat with a benevolent face," according to Pierre-André Taguieff, by Jean-Baptiste de Montvalon. The political scientist considers, in Macron: Miracle or Mirage (editions of Observatory) head of State as "a default president", Fruit of decomposition of French political system which he was able to use to access Elysée.
– Presidential 2017, a "non-standard political sequence", by Solenn de Royer and Bastien Bonnefous. In latest issue of magazine "The debate", Gilles Finchelstein, Nicolas Roussellier, Marcel Gaucher and Gaspard Galariana return to "an earthquake that nothing foreshadowed."