- Torra challenges state and includes in Govern to Rull, Turull, ate and Puig
- The opposition criticizes configuration of new Catalan executive
The intervention of state in Catalonia will continue. The Government will maintain article 155 of Constitution by not endorsing list of advisers who intend to appoint President of Generalitat, Joaquim Torra, by including two prisoners and two escaped. If Mariano Rajoy does not authorize official publication of Catalan government this will not be effective and refore not exist. This is going to be answer "to provocation" of Torra which, according to Moncloa, seeks "confrontation with state". Mariano Rajoy talked this Saturday with Pedro Sánchez and Albert Rivera to make m partakers of his decision.
The calls to open "a new stage" in Catalonia, which central government seeks since inauguration of President of Generalitat, was not slightest echo. This is certainty of executive to know list of advisers with whom Catalan president wants to form his government. Among m re are two imprisoned, Josep Rull and Jordi Turull (in pre-trial detention processed by rebellion and embezzlement), and two escapees, Lluís Puig (prosecuted for disobedience and embezzlement) and Toni ate (embezzlement and rebellion). For government this proposal is "a provocation", which it will not tolerate. If Torra maintains "confrontation with state", re will be no uprising of article 155 of Constitution since it will only cease to be effective when a new government is formed and its composition is published in Official Journal of Generalitat of Catalonia.Seven months of intervention
- October 27th, 2017. The Senate approves application of article 155 of Constitution to curb independence process of Catalonia. The intervention meant cessation of President of Generalitat and his government and intervention of services such as Mossos d'Esquadra, among or things. The same day, President of government, Mariano Rajoy, calls elections in Catalonia for 21st of December after assuming powers of ousted Carles Puigdemont.
- October 30th, 2017. Puigdemont flees from justice and escapes to Brussels.
- October 31st, 2017. The President and 13 advisors are charged for crimes of rebellion and sedition.
- December 21st, 2017. Citizens win elections both in votes and seats, but sum of independentists manage to retain absolute majority Parlament.
- March 2018. Marta Rovira raises to seven number of escaped: Puigdemont, Meritxell Serret, Toni ate, Lluís Puig and Clara Ponsatí and Anna Gabriel.
- May 17th, 2018. After four failed attempts with or candidates, he is elected president of Generalitat de Catalunya.
The list presented by Torra will not be reflected in Catalan bulletin since it is under authority of central government, and this will never give for good inclusion of two prisoners and two escaped as advisers, report government sources.
The conclusion is one: article 155 of Constitution is kept in force, se interlocutors emphasize. These same sources indicate that Rajoy moved this decision to Secretary general of PSOE, Pedro Sanchez, and President of citizens, Albert Rivera, who agreed. In ir meetings with President of last week both politicians agreed to raise 155 whenever a legal government was established in Catalonia, but y were willing to re-activate that mechanism again if illegalities were committed. This hypotical situation has not even been reached, since Government considers that conditions for lifting 155 are not given at all.
Torra appointed Josep Rull as territory councillor and Turull as head of presidency. Both are in custody for alleged crimes of rebellion and embezzlement. On or hand, Lluís Puig and Antoni ate were also appointed by President as Councillors for culture and health, respectively. The two are in Brussels, after that country denied ir extradition to Spain.
"The president of Generalitat has today wasted an opportunity to demonstrate his willingness to regain normalcy, since his decisions show that he wants to maintain a strategy of confrontation with state and with majority of Catalan society", The central executive said this Saturday in an official statement.
In next few hours state apparatus will give formal answer to Torra's proposal, which announced intention of directors to take possession in mid-week. "The Government of Spain, through its secretariat, which is only competent body to authorize publication of proposed nomination decree, will analyse viability of new Govern announced, given personal circumstances of some of Appointed, " executive said in his statement.
On Friday, Torra "wanted to stage a will for dialogue that lasted less than 24 hours, since his proposal for new counsellors is a new provocation because several of m are fleeing justice or in a temporary prison situation," says Communication of Moncloa.
This proposal "shows that willingness of dialogue expressed in letter which he referred to President of Government is not sincere," text of reply continues. A combined action of Constitutional Court, Supreme Court and Government of nation will prevent such appointments, consider sources of executive.
All precedents are to be studied by Government to justify that four proposed names of fled and inmates may not take up ir positions. The Constitutional Court, at behest of government, spoke out against remote investiture of Carles Puigdemont, recalled government sources. On Friday, government spokesman, Íñigo Méndez de Vigo, appealed "to common sense" to ask Catalan president not to propose to people who "are in prison or with search and capture orders", in Spain. But that's what he's done.