Joint statement by President of United States, Donald Trump, and president of Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) Kim Jong-un, at Singapore Summit. President Trump and President Kim held a first historic summit in Singapore on June 12, 2018. They carried out a broad, deep and heartfelt exchange of views on issues related to establishment of new US-U. S. relations and DPRK and construction of a durable and robust peace regime on Korean peninsula. President Trump pledged to provide security assurances to DPRK, and President Kim reaffirmed his steadfast and unwavering commitment to completing denuclearization of Korean peninsula.More information
- Trump and Kim sign a statement that will bring a "huge change" to world
- The long and complex denuclearization of North Korea
Convinced that establishment of new relationships will contribute to peace and prosperity of Koreans and world, and recognizing that building confidence can promote denuclearization of Korean peninsula, President Trump and President Kim They declare following:
1. United States and DPRK undertake to establish new relations between United States and Democratic People's Republic of Korea according to desire of peoples of two countries for peace and prosperity.
2. United States and DPRK will join forces to build a durable and stable peace regime on Korean peninsula.
3. Reaffirming declaration of Panmunjom of 27 April 2018, DPRK is committed to working towards complete denuclearization of Korean peninsula.
4. The United States and DPRK undertake to recover remaining POW/MIA (prisoners of war and missing persons in combat action), including immediate repatriation of those already identified.
Having recognized that US-DPRK summit, first in history, was a historic act of great importance and surpassing decades of tensions and hostilities between two countries and for opening of a new future, President Trump and President Kim Co Mprometen to implement stipulations in this complete and immediate joint declaration. The United States and DPRK undertake to conduct follow-up negotiations led by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and a relevant high-level DPRK, at earliest possible date, to implement outcome of Summit.
President Trump and President Kim have pledged to cooperate for development of new U.S.-US relations and DPRK and for promotion of peace, prosperity and security for Koreans and world.