The Christian Democrat Union of Chancellor, Angela Merkel (CDU), and social Democracy of Martin Schulz (SPD), have reached first thing this Friday morning a principle of agreement that lays groundwork for forging a new great coalition like one that ruled In Germany so far.
These are key points of principle of pact:Economy
- Phasing out solidarity tax introduced after reunification in 1990 to support poorest peoples of east. They are more than 10 billion euros of tax relief for citizens.
- Investment of 5.95 billion euros in education, research and digitization for 2021.
- Maintain a balanced budget without new debts.
- Meet climatic objectives of 2020, 2030 and 2050.
- Pass a law that guarantees reduction of carbon dioxide emissions to 55% for 2030.
- Try to get 65% of energy from renewable sources for 2030.
- Manage and limit migration to Germany and Europe to avoid a refugee crisis like 2015.
- Limit to 1,000 number of refugees who will be able to join ir family living in Germany.
- The Commission of specialized Government should study integration of immigrants and inform lower house of German parliament.
- Focus on causes of migration and not only on migrants mselves.
- Support a joint European asylum system that distributes people who need protection across continent.
- Strengn cohesion with Europe to play an active role in strengning European integration.
- Rejecting protectionism, isolationism and nationalism. More international cooperation is needed.
- The EU must take lead in fight against climate change and implement Paris Agreements of 2015.
- Strengn European Parliament and boost EU's finances. Germany is ready to add more money to budget.
- Reinforce Franco-German cooperation. Germany and France must be innovative in research of artificial intelligence.
- To accept prohibition of cultivating genetically modified plants throughout country.
- Significantly limit use of herbicides such as glyphosate to eradicate m completely as plant protective agents.